SATUK 2016/2017 GENERATION ELECTIONS
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- THE DEADLINE MUST BE OBSERVED AND NO ACTION AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE CONSIDERED
- All candidates should observe article 13(d): qualifications for the candidates for election.
- Read SATUK Constitution - the student portal (portal.tukenya.ac.ke) Part Four on elections – Articles 13,14,15,16,17 and18
- Kindly obtain nomination papers by filling online forms, printing and submitting to various offices as indicated on the forms (forms II- VII). The online nomination forms should be accessed through the Students' portal (portal.tukenya.ac.ke) - to download from Thursday 1st September 2016.
- Returning of duly completed form I nomination papers to Director, Student Support Services office on or before Tuesday 20th September, 2016 at 03.00 p.m. and forms II-VI to be returned to Director, Student Support Services office by respective schools. [Forms II- VI should not be submitted by Aspirants /Students].
- Vetting of candidates by electoral committee will commence from 21st September, 2016 and the names of nominees pinned on the notice boards on Wednesday 28th September, 2016 at 5pm.
- Congress shall be dissolved by the Speaker through a motion tabled by the chairman two weeks before election on Friday 30th September, 2016:
- Monday, 3rd October 2016- All aspirants will be addressed by Deputy Vice-Chancellor – ARS - Main Hall at 03.00 p.m. (Only Aspirants)
- The TUK DEBATE; Venue –Main Hall on Wednesday 12th October 2016 at 02.30pm
- Campaigns begin on Tuesday 4th October, 2016 to Wednesday 12th October, 2016, at Main Campus - Red Square) not at the Administration Block or out of Campus premises. No Campaigns on voting day.
- The Students’ Council shall consist of:
- Deputy Chairman
- Secretary General
- Finance Secretary
- Academic Secretary
- Constitutional Affairs Secretary
- Special Needs Secretary
- Gender Secretary
- Social Welfare Secretary
- Sport Secretary
- Representatives from the 15 schools [Male and Female in each school]
- Hostel Representatives [Male and Female]
- Date and Time of voting: Thursday 13th October 2016 from 06.00 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.
- Election Venue - [As per school] and Mode of voting - SECRET BALLOT
- Venue for Hostel Representatives ( Respective hostels from 6.00a.m)
- Candidates agents – One (1) agent per candidate per polling station and whose name must be submitted in Form II to the Director, Student Support Services office by 12.00 p.m. on 30th September, 2016 for accreditation.
- Voters - All bona fide members i.e. students who are fully paid up members of the union and hold an original University Student Identity Card.
- Counting of votes will commence immediately the voting is completed at 05.00 p.m.
- Witnessing of vote counting will be by one agent per candidate per polling station.
- Declaration of results will be done immediately the vote counting is completed at the polling station.
- Final election results will be announced by the Returning Officer after grand tallying.
- SWEARING CEREMONY - Swearing in ceremony of newly elected officials will be presided over by the Vice-Chancellor on Friday 14th October, 2016 - Main Hall at 10.00 a.m.
ELECTORAL BOARD/ DIRECTOR STUDENTS SUPPORT SERVICES