SATUK 2015/2016 ELECTION RULES AND REGULATIONS
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- Campaigns officially begin after a candidate has been duly nominated.
- A duly nominated candidate shall ensure that posters and all campaign materials are only put on the Notice Board and designated areas.
- No candidate or their agents may use glue for displaying posters and other campaign materials. Only masking tapes may be used.
- No campaigns outside the University Precincts or around Administration block.
- No bribery of voters and hooliganism threats shall be tolerated.
- There shall be No campaigning on Election Day - Thursday 8th October 2015.
- Candidates must not use abusive language at opponents and University staff during the campaigns.
- Use of violence or any activities that may lead to destruction of University property by a candidate or his agents and supporters is strictly prohibited.
- Any candidate or agent caught with election material such as ballot papers or any other privileged materials shall be disqualified and face disciplinary action thereafter.
- Candidates must abide by all University rules and regulations and laws of Kenya.
- Any candidates who breach these rules and regulation shall be disqualified and will be liable to face disciplinary action.
- All election grievances, complaints and anomalies to be reported to Electoral Board through Returning Officer.