SATUK 2014/2015 By-election
SATUK 2014/2015 BY-ELECTION
The SATUK General Elections was held on Thursday 9th October, 2014. However, a petition was lodged against the winner for the post of Constitutional Affairs Secretary. The Elections Petitions Panel ruled that a by-election be conducted for the post. Therefore all eligible candidates must take note of the following:
NOTE: The deadline must be observed and no action after the deadline will be considered.
- Kindly obtain nomination papers by filling online forms, printing and submitting to various offices as indicated on the forms (forms II- VII). The online forms should be accessed through the student portal (portal.tukenya.ac.ke).
- Returning of duly completed (form I) nomination papers to Director, Student Support Services office on or before Friday 31st October, 2014 at 10.00 a.m. and forms (II- VII) to be returned by respective schools.
- Vetting of candidates by electoral committee on Monday 3rd November, 2014 and their names pinned on the notice boards on Tuesday 4th November, 2014.
- Campaigns commence from 5th to 12th November, 2014 during the day (Main Campus - Red Square) not at the Administration Block or out of Campus premises.
- The By-Election shall be for purpose of electing the:
Constitutional Affairs Secretary
- Election Venue - [As per school] and Mode of voting – Secret ballot.
- Date and Time of voting – 13th November, 2014 from 6.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Candidates agents – One (1) agent per candidate per polling station and whose name must be submitted in Form II to the Director, Student Support Services office by 10th November, 2014 for accreditation.
- Voters – All bona fide members i.e. students who are fully paid up members of the union and hold an original university Identity Card.
- Ballot papers will be issued to the voters on the Election Day.
- Counting of votes will commence immediately the voting is completed at 5.00 p.m.
- Witnessing of vote counting will be by one agent per candidate per polling station.
- Declaration of results will be done immediately the vote counting is completed at the polling station.
- Final election results will be done by the Returning Officer after tallying, at the Red Square.
Friday 14th November, 2014- Swearing in ceremony of the newly elected official will be presided over by the Vice Chancellor- Main Hall at 10.00 a.m.
ELECTORAL BOARD/ DIRECTOR, STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES