Design of Graduation Attire Competition
The Technical University of Kenya was Chartered in 2013 under the Universities Act 2012. As part of the many initiatives of
developing its own identity, the University is inviting designers to compete in the search of Graduation Attire for Diploma,
Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
ABOUT THE ATTIRE
The attire needs to display a unique position as a technical university that has the following intent.
The Motto “Education and Training for the Real World”
The Vision “To be a top rated University of Technology”
The Mission “To provide technological education and training and to contribute towards the advancement of society
through research and innovation.
The attire should consider the philosophical basis of the institution as a technical university, which interweaves science,
technology and society as a basis for a holistic education of the student. The Technical University of Kenya views itself as a
regional institution of higher learning within the African context, while at the same time being responsive to global concerns.
The attire should be uniquely designed for the following categories of qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctoral degree
THE FINAL ACADEMIC DRESS DESIGNS
- 1st submission of designs to be received by 31st May, 2018.
- The best 10 submissions will be shortlisted for further development by 8th June, 2018. The copyrights for each submission
will be required to be released to the University.
- Evaluation of designs and shortlisting to be done and a brief to be given to the continuing contestants by 8th June, 2018.
- 2nd round of submissions to be received by 29th June, 2018.
- Evaluation and selection of the winning designs to be completed by 27th July, 2018.
- The completed designs should be submitted in a CD enclosed in a plain sealed envelope labeled “Graduation Attire TUK
- Submissions should be dropped at the Office of The Vice Chancellor, The Technical University of Kenya. The submissions
should be received before the dates stated above for each stage.
The winner of the competition will receive a cash prize of KSh200,000 while the first and the second runners up will receive
consolation prizes of KSh150,000 and KSh100,000 respectively.